Tuesday, November 3, 2009

News Stories In Photographs

Recently I followed a link posted by Romit, one of my college buddies, on Facebook. It hyperlinked to The Boston Globe's online photoblog The Big Picture.

Below is a picture from the album "Congo's crisis worsens":


A young girl and her grandfather wait at a hospital in Mueso, North Kivu, in DR Congo, in an August 8, 2008 photo released by Medecins Sans Frontieres.
(REUTERS/Cedric Gerbehaye-Medecins Sans Frontiers/Handout)


Being a photo enthusiast, I was stunned looking at some of the picture albums out here. After seeing my first album on the festival Diwali, I knew I had to check out as many albums as possible that day. Yes, it was a Sunday. I checked around 10 from the archives and man o man it was a Sunday well spent.

No more talking. Here is the link again : www.boston.com/bigpicture

I would have uploaded a few more pictures but, I'm afraid, I cannot do that. Neither I can add an RSS! :(

If you have any questions please feel free to leave me a comment here.

Enjoy.
So Long.
Cheers. G.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me in the post.

    I first stumbeled upon "The Big Picture" while visiting Digg.com .. and i have been hooked to it ever since that day .. their selection of amazing photos comes from the best photographer on the planet, and they collectively inspire me as a photographer ..

    ReplyDelete