Saturday, May 15, 2010

Five reasons why you should not go to a Marwari Wedding!


The Food: Don’t get me wrong. This is the only reason I go to these weddings. But while selecting what I am going to eat, I stay as confused as I was during my Physics exam. The feeling is not good.

The Gossip: Oh! What the hell!! It is there at all the weddings.
.
.
.
.
Oh! What the hell!! It is there, everywhere.

All that glitters is Gold: Or a reasonable facsimile. Irritating. But if you are a gold lover you might feel otherwise and I pity you.

The wonderful meaningless Pleasantries and Small Talks: Examples-
You have grown up so much!
*Yeah, aunty, the last time you met me was 13 years back.*

So when are you getting married? (I am all of 22, pretty nice age to them, for me to get married.)
*As soon as I am ready to go through this hell, the ceremony, and also willing to pay for it*

So who all have come from your place? (I have a joint family.)
*Don’t know! I was teleported here when I was sleeping.*
...................

The Couple: The two are secondary. It's the guest list that has to be as huge as the menu. I can feel their irritation. Especially the bride’s whose garb and all the gold on her weighs more than she herself.


PS:
I do not want to hurt sentiments of the people of my community or anyone outside of it.
I actually don't care about ^^ :P
Love, Gov..

1 comment:

  1. all these things are common to bangla weddings as well, you know :)

    unless you guys can drink at weddings. in which case, i envy you like fuck.

    ReplyDelete