Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May starts after this post..



I am standing. Don’t know where. I look to my right and then to my left. I am confused. I see infinity. I can see what is in front of me. Again, its infinity. I am jolly amused. I turn around. What was my left is now my right and what was my right is now my left. After the turn I can actually see what was in front of me initially, is now behind me. This is because there is a mirror in front that was my back initially and I realize that there is a mirror there too, that is, at my present back. So now I am in between two mirrors and with infinite* images of myself. I look again to my right, my initial left, and then to my left, my initial right, and this time I realize that there are mirrors even there. Now everything is clear. I am in a room of mirrors . I close my eyes. I go round and round and round (read it with a dramatic effect, please!) for thirty seconds. I open my eyes. I have no clue of my initial left, right, back and front. Everything is still the same.

You actually do not have to read the following but go for it...

*There are not, really, an infinite number of images; it fades out due to losses at each reflection.

Further explanation:
From your common experience, things further away appear smaller. Due to repeated reflections there are many images. Each successive image is further away by the distance separating the mirrors. Thus the line of images has prospect. Each image gets smaller than the one preceding it.


Govind
May-04.2010++
Good day to you.
Thank you 5R's

No comments:

Post a Comment